Saturday, January 3, 2009

Collector of Vintage Jewelry


Although I have collected vintage jewelry for many years, I didn't wear very much of it. Necklaces were too short, too heavy and too tacky. Some of it was appropriate to display around my apartment but most of it went unworn, unseen and even broken and in need of repair. I decided to learn how to recycle the beads and chains from the old pieces into necklaces I would wear like the Fashionista necklace above.

When I began to get compliments from friends and colleagues on the pieces I was wearing, I started taking custom orders and giving them as gifts. Last January, I  opened a shop on etsy - a site I had shopped happily on for months. For those of you unfamiliar with this fabulous website, it is like having flea markets, craft fairs, artists, innovators and lovely people from all over the world at your fingertips!

The shop threepeats.etsy.com is now one year old and I am having a blast...first designing the jewelry, then creating it, then shipping it to interesting  people who have loved my work. I have almost 100 buyers who call me a favorite shop and have completed more than 50 sales online.

To celebrate the anniversary of my shop, I am having a sale.....25% off all jewelry for the entire month of January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment