Monday, August 31, 2009

Otter Delight



I'm not sure why the otter is my favorite animal (after dogs of course!). I think it has something to do with the way they combine furious shell-cracking (hard work) with lazy lounging, all while floating on their backs. Ever since I was a kid, trips to aquariums and zoos meant spending hours in front of the sea or river otter exhibit, watching them slip into and out of the water gracefully. The rest of the family would leave me there and pick me up on the way out because there wasn't really anything else on exhibit that I wanted to see! Maybe the penguins.

These etsy artists have captured the essence of the adorable, feisty, endangered animals. Just click on any image to be taken to its etsy listing.

1 comment:

  1. I love otters too - you have a couple of my favourites in here Suzanne!
    The otters in Edinburgh zoo are an amazing family

    ReplyDelete