Monday, July 13, 2009

Beadwork by Amanda ~ ETT Shop of the Week


Amanda Preske, the artist behind Beadwork by Amanda is a chemistry student at Rochester Institute of Technology. Her love of science is reflected in her art. She creates pendants using recycled circuit boards with resin as well as beadwoven necklaces and bracelets.

"I've been making jewelry for half my life! When I was about ten years old, one of my aunts gave me a box of seed beads in an assortment of beautiful, sparkly colors. I've spent many years since then teaching myself how to weave beads on and off a loom as well as other beading techniques. I've recently discovered the versatility in creating with resin. I love interacting with people from all over the world and believe that customer service is of utmost importance when selling my jewelry."

In addition to the Etsy Twitter team, Amanda is also a member of: Etsy in Color Team, Etsy Teens and Young Adults Team, Etsy Beadweavers, and Rochester New York Etsy Street Team.

Follow her on Twitter
Read her blog and find her on flickr

Special for this week: All items are already marked down 15%. Mention "Etsy Twitter Team" at checkout and she will include a free gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment