Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thing a Day ~ The Last Day!

Whew! The TAD (Thing a Day) challenge is over. I got a bit of a late start (March 4th) but tried to do something interesting/creative every day and write a blog post about it. The interesting/creative part wasn't hard...but writing about it was. I appreciated the impetus TAD gave me to think about my creative process and then to write about it in an informative and comprehensible way.

I ended the month creating The Dude Necklace (can you see where this is going?). After seeing Jeff Bridges' amazing performance in Crazy Heart, my husband and I decided to watch the cult classic from the Coen brothers, The Big Lebowski, again. The bowling alley scenes, especially the ones with John Turturro licking his precious, personalized bowling ball, made me think of a pack of vintage beads that I had stored away. They looked, if I remembered correctly, just like small bowling balls, in a deep blue with splashes and marbling in grey and white. When I found them, a long story in itself, I was right....so I put them together with some other vintage beads and chain and voila, The Dude or Dudester or Duderino!



1 comment: